Friday, July 18, 2008

Star Wars Day 4

This week is getting better and better.

Last night we got to watch Star Wars. That's what it was originally called. Ok, so we watched Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope, is that specific enough for you? I loved it, who doesn't?

This week has really given me a chance to connect the films together and I have all this energy now to give to these movies. Revenge of the Sith ended with the Tantive IV and the droids. A New Hope starts with the Tantive IV and the droids. 18 years can't rip away the simplest story connection. The greatest part is I can really see the significance in the prequel trilogy. I truly got a sense of the the classic trilogy's origin. Why certain characters feel one way, where they start out, and where they are going to. This week is doing wonders to my love for Star Wars.

Now on to the movie.

Ryan Johns and I decided that this is the most chill film of the series. To put it best, if you want to take a nap AND watch a Star Wars movie, this is the best one to do it. Not to say that this is the least action packed. I think my favorite chunk of this movie is when the gang gets to the Death Star. That's where the story picks up and the action gets going. The film is overall one of my favorite, but not my all time favorite.

Tonight we are watching my all time favorite. The Empire Strikes Back is arguably the greatest Star Wars film, and why not? It has a great lightsaber duel, great character development and we get to meet Yoda for the first time (depending on your point of view)

So, I can't wait to see everyone tonight. Good Night and Good Luck

No comments: