Saturday, July 19, 2008

Star Wars Day 5

What a beautiful week this has week has turned into

Last night we watched my favorite Star Wars movie, the Empire Strikes Back. I think it's the easiest one to like too. It's full of everything, action, romance, drama, yoda, snow, irvin. Ok that is a bit specific but I'm a fan through and through

On to the movie.

Ok we are talking Empire Strikes Back right? Why do we love it so much? It is the most unresolved film, which is very frustrating. It is one of the darkest Star Wars movies, which I think makes it one of the best. I think what is great is how well Irvin Kershner handled the Han and Leia romance. We can see Star Wars can handle those things, people falling in love. Why wasn't he hired for ATOC? WHY! Another stand out for me is the set design-Think about the planets, exterior and interior, they are all very beautiful and mysterious.

Ryan Johns and I discovered many similarities this film had with ATOC. Luke and Anakin are very similar in their paths, they can't handle haunting visions of loved ones in pain. I don't know why we never saw this before, but now we love it even more. I think I caught a lot more this time around but I just can't remember right now.

Unfortunatly Star Wars week is coming to a close tonight. We're going to be watching Return of the Jedi and I am very excited. I will probably catch more than I did last night. I think that's what the beauty is of this week. Instead of a shotgun day we get a whole week, a whole day for each Star Wars movie, it is really turning out better than I expected. Til next time.

No comments: